Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ha Ha!

Today Joe got up early to go to mass before we all left together for Sacrament meeting. He came home and told me St. Philip Nieri had a special mass that started 1/2 hour later than usual and the youth were doing a fundraiser selling cookies. Joe left early to take us all to church together, but we were still a few minutes late. The ward mission leader was speaking and challenging us all to do missionary work. I was surprised our pew was still open, so I walked right in front past the speaker with the kids in tow. Joe was hanging up our coats and would join us from the door on the other side next to our pew. You can only imagine my shock when Brother Yocum leaned forward and asked if I knew we were an hour and a few minutes late. What? When did they move up daylight savings time? I don't have time to keep up with these things having Brayden. Joe came in and when I told him we realized mass hadn't changed time, he had missed his normal mass and was 1/2 hour early to the next one. We've been laughing all day. Funny how kids can distract you from the rest of the world!

No comments: