Sometimes Annika cracks us up, but I always forget to write what she says down and I know someday I'm going to regret it. Here are a few cute things she's said recently.
While Joe was taking her jogging around the parade field Annika was talking away as Joe was finding his pace. Annika suddenly had to stop and question Joe, "Daddy, how come you're not talking to me?" Apparently she doesn't understand the need to catch your breath first.
The other day Joe let Annika help her make the fire in the fireplace, something only a dad would do because a mom would have visions of her three year old trying to do this on her own when no one is looking. I asked Annika if she wanted some hot chocolate and pumpkin pie with us and she said, "No, I'm playing with fire with Daddy." Yeah, that's what I thought.
Also, Annika knows I don't drink coffee like her dad because our church asks us not to. A lot of mornings I'll drink Pero when I want something warm to drink. One morning Annika said, "Daddy drinks coffee. Mommy drinks Pero. Jesus drinks Pero." Maybe he does, or maybe I need to better explain the word of wisdom to her.
While Joe was taking her jogging around the parade field Annika was talking away as Joe was finding his pace. Annika suddenly had to stop and question Joe, "Daddy, how come you're not talking to me?" Apparently she doesn't understand the need to catch your breath first.
The other day Joe let Annika help her make the fire in the fireplace, something only a dad would do because a mom would have visions of her three year old trying to do this on her own when no one is looking. I asked Annika if she wanted some hot chocolate and pumpkin pie with us and she said, "No, I'm playing with fire with Daddy." Yeah, that's what I thought.
Also, Annika knows I don't drink coffee like her dad because our church asks us not to. A lot of mornings I'll drink Pero when I want something warm to drink. One morning Annika said, "Daddy drinks coffee. Mommy drinks Pero. Jesus drinks Pero." Maybe he does, or maybe I need to better explain the word of wisdom to her.
Annika sporting reindeer antlers.




No comments:
Post a Comment