Happy Easter to all! Let's celebrate the good news for He has risen!
Today we started out the morning making Resurrection Rolls. These are easy, yummy, and have a good message to go along with it.
Annika eating a marshmallow before we start. Take 1/2 of a large marshmallow which represents Christ.

Dip the marshmallow in melted butter representing the embalming oils Christ's body was anointed with before he was buried.

Dip in sugar and cinnamon which represent the spices used to prepare Christ's body for burial.

Wrap in a crescent roll representing how they would have wrapped Christ's body.

Bake in the tomb.

Discover a hollow inside. Annika noticed they were hollow before I could even tell her and said, "Look! Jesus is not inside. He is risen." Then after she was done eating hers she said, " I want some more Jesus in the tomb please." I told her we only had Jesus out of the tomb.

Hallow inside.

Annika happily shared with Brayden.

Brayden wasn't really interested in eating a big roll, so he happily shared his with Shakespeare.

Annika waiting to go to church. She gave her first talk today in Primary and did a very good job. I thought she would get stage fright, but she enjoyed it. She also said the prayer in her Sunbeam class and her teacher said she prayed for Jesus being risen and eating fish and honey with the people. I guess she really does listen sometimes.

The kiddos.

What is that?

It's just Mom taking more pictures.

So cute how Brayden has picked up playing with his bellybutton from Annika.

Our sweet little man!

Our sweet little girl!

Pure happiness!

Happily getting ready for dinner. While I was making dinner Annika went to the neighbors who had a little egg hunt in their yard. We had nice weather all day, but as soon as the hunt was over we experience lightning and a brief but heavy rainstorm.

We had lamb, salad, hard boiled eggs, rosemary & garlic roasted potatoes, and fish.

Annika thought the two fish fillets looked like a butterfly.

Our happy little family!

After dinner Shakespeare got some Easter treats Annika had picked out for him.

Happy dog!

And we got some treats too!

Before getting ready for bed Annika was selecting items from around the house and putting them on the entry way rug. She told me to come and look. She said, "We're getting ready for the miracle!" She was so excited. I asked what the miracle was and she said, "The Sacrament." I told her that is a miracle. Then she said, "Jesus was coming." Sometimes I wonder what goes on in their little brains, especially when they are still pure.
1 comment:
those r some cute kiddos you have :) love her dress!
Post a Comment